Sunday, 30 September 2012

Sanliurfaspor 3-2 Ankaragucu match report !

Its difficult enough to win games in the PTT League never mind having referees who make mistakes against your team every week. From week 1 when Ankaragucu were leading at Kayseri Erciyesspor and then Timur Ozgoz was sent off,  not sending off the Manisaspor defender after a few minutes of the game starting when he was the last man and fouled Timur who was through on goal, not awarding Gokhan Erdogan a penalty when he was brought down in the box at Karsiyaka, and then we have todays antics.

Team : Gokhan, Orhan, Mehmet, Umit, Aytac, Gokhan Erdogan, Mert Erdogan, Bilal, Hasan, Serkan, Timur

Subs : Cihan, Sinan, Kaan, Muhammed, Metin, Teoman, Artun

Attendance - 4009

As discussed before the game, Ankaragucu need to start turning these impressive performances into wins. Lying at the foot of the table and with the other sides picking up points round about them its important to get points on the board and start climbing the table.

Sanliurfaspor started with Tonia Tisdell up front and the former Ankaragucu player captained the side, Serdar Ozkan started from the bench for the home side. The home side started the brighter with Tonia in particular causing problems with his pace. Both Tonia and Timur had half chances in the first few minutes but didn't trouble the goalkeepers.

The first real chance fell to Tonia, he was put through on goal but unfortunately for the striker his first touch was heavy allowing Gokhan to save at his feet, Tonia caught Gokhan and was yellow carded. Another chance fell to the Liberian from a lovely long ball but at full stretch he fired over the cross bar.

Ankaragucu broke forward with three against three, Timur advanced on goal but fired straight at Ozturk in the Urfa goal. Timur should have squared the ball instead. Timur did have the ball in the net soon after, but his header was ruled out for offside with replays showing it was the correct decision. Another half chance fell to Timur again but he shot straight at the goalkeeper from just outside the box.

The home side went up the other end and made it 1-0, a cross into the box was headed back across goal and kivanc Karakas lifted the ball over Gokhan Akkan in the Ankaragucu goal. Sanliurfa deserved there goal as Ankaragucu struggled to get into the game. Hasan Ayaroglu had a weak shot easily saved by Ozturk before Sanliurfa were awarded a penalty. Ankaragucu tried to play the ball out of defence, Orhan Evci tried to clear the ball but instead kicked the Urfa player and the referee awarded the penalty. Up stepped Koray but young Gokhan dived the correct way and saved to his right hand side. A lifeline for Ankaragucu on the stroke of half time. Sanliurfaspor 1-0 Ankaragucu.

Into the second half and Ankaragucu looked a better side, we saw that quick precise passing and energy they have shown in previous games. A poor clearance from Sanliurfa saw Ankaragucu break forward with the ball, Gokhan Erdogan crossed into the box and Serkan Sirin with a fantastic header gave Ozturk no chance. 1-1

Ankaragucu should have went 2-1 up minutes later when Timur passed the ball to Gokhan but his shot was saved by Ozturk. Muhammed Turkmen made his long awaited return when he replaced Mert Erdogan. Bilal had a shot from 30 yards which Timur almost got on the end of and just went wide. At the other end a Gokhan Akkan dropped a cross which Ozgur got on the end of but put wide of an empty goal.

Tonia Tisdell put a lovely cross to the back post for Kivanc but the midfielder fired wide much to the relief of the Ankaragucu defence. Serdar Ozkan came on for Sanliurfaspor as they tried to get that second goal. But it was Ankaragucu who took the lead. Excellent play again from Serkan Sirin who found Gokhan Erdogan in the box and the midfielder made no mistake as he placed the ball into the back of the net. 2-1 Ankaragucu.

It was now end to end stuff as the game opened up. Serdar Ozkan went by his man down the right hand side before putting in a cross to the back post which was headed home by Ozgur to make it 2-2. Ankaragucu brought Sinan on to replace Gokhan Erdogan. Both teams looked for that winning goal. Then came the turning point of the match. Serdar Ozkan went by two players before knocking the ball 15 yards in front of him, he knew he wouldn't get to the ball so decided to take a dive in the box. Yellow card for diving ? wrong, the referee awarded the penalty much to the anger of the Ankaragucu players and fans. Up stepped the cheat Serdar who scored to make it 3-2.

Ankaragucu replaced Bilal with Kaan for the last few minutes but Sanliurfaspor hung on to their lead and won 3-2. A disappointing defeat for Ankaragucu. Its important the players dont let their heads go down and get ready for next weeks opponents Kartalspor at home. Kartalspor won 2-0 at home to Boluspor today.

Man of the Match - Serkan Sirin

No comments:

Post a Comment